Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Fun Of Looms!


I recently purchased a packet of loom elastics because I have seen so many people doing it at school and online.  I quite prefer creating the bracelets on my fingers rather than on the loom board, I noticed on tutorials I have seen that majority are done on the loom board so this post is showing you how to produce an inverted fishtail loom on your fingers! 
First you may like to separate the colours you would like to use into piles, I used the colours turquoise and purple and had 15 elastics of each colour, you will also need the S shaped clip to lock the bracelet once you have completed it. 
To start off, select the colour you would like to start with and cross it between your pointing and middle finger on your preferred hand, to create a 8 shape.
Next place 2 more elastics onto the fingers (uncrossed) , and leave gaps between them so they don't get twisted up.
Grab the bottom elastic and pull over your finger and let go once it is in the centre (just how you would for a normal fishtail loom) , do this to both sides of the elastic.
(Sorry for the lighting change, my memory card was full so had to change camera)
On the left picture we have added another elastic onto the top. Now grab the second elastic and pull it down to below the third one then grab the second elastic and pull above the first elastic over the finger and down the centre. Do this to both sides.
You will then just repeat this step over and over again, remember every time you put an elastic down the centre you then add another one to the top, you may like to create a pattern and you can use as many colours as you like.
It will end up looking like this once you have used up all your elastics and have no more to add to the top. To finish it off grab the second elastic and place it down the centre.

Then you grab your 'S' clip and put both sides of the elastics on your fingers onto one end of the S clip and then connect the other side of the 'S' clip to the loop at the end of the loom from the first elastic you started with.
I hope you like your finished product!

I would recommend picking these up, they are a lot of fun and bring back memories from the scoobie stages, its definitely a good bonding activity to do with siblings, my brother and sisters are obsessed! I got my packet from a $2 Store, and a different packet from Kmart, but they are honestly everywhere, so you shouldn't have trouble finding them. 
I hope you enjoyed this post! :)
Byee x - Rebekah

4 comments:

  1. that looks great! must try this! please check out my blog http://www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspot.co.uk/ and maybe comment!
    thankyou xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! Definitely going to get some when I next go shopping!

    ReplyDelete